Do you guys remember last week when I said I had something pretty awesome coming up? Well, the time is here to share what is coming very soon to Neverland....a new nail art challenge! The theme this time, you ask? In honor of all things nostalgic, vintage, and beautifully old-fashioned, I present to you...
Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge!
Hold you horses there, folks, there's more! The incredible people from Nail Polish Canada had the fabulous idea of sponsoring this challenge with 2 amazing prizes! We'll get to that in a minute....first, check out what we have planned for this challenge.
The format for this challenge is quite flexible and it's the same as my previous ones; we will do 2 challenge posts per week, going in order from Day 1 to Day 8. I'll be posting mine on Mondays and Wednesdays, but you may pick another day to post if it's easier for you. You'll have a full week to complete each challenge (For example, I'll post Day 1 on a Monday. You should have your Day 1 post up no later than the following Monday). Day 1 of the challenge, "I should have been born in...", will begin Monday, September 10th and the whole challenge will run for 4 weeks. Here is what my schedule will look like:
Monday, Sept. 10 - Day 1: I should have been born in...
Wednesday, Sept. 12 - Day 2: It's vintage, darling!
Monday, Sept. 17 - Day 3: I remember when...
Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Day 4: Lights, camera, action!
Monday, Sept. 24 - Day 5: "We can do it!"
Wednesday, Sept. 26 - Day 6: They sure don't make 'em like they used to!
Monday, Oct. 1 - Day 7: You're timeless to me!
Wednesday, Oct. 3 - Day 8: Let's do the time warp again!
Now, on to the good stuff...the prizes! Nail Polish Canada was so incredibly generous and is awarding 2 prizes, one for my choice of the most creative entry and one drawn at random. Each of the 2 winners will receive the Color Club Holographic Hues Collection and 3 shades from the China Glaze Wicked Collection of your choice. Please be aware that the prizes will be awarded as soon as the collections are available and in stock.
There are a few rules for prize eligibility, though. You must:
- Be a resident of North America - sorry guys, shipping regulations are a pain!
- Bloggers - register by clicking the button on the right-hand sidebar and filling out the form *REGISTRATION CLOSED*, post your photo in the Inlinkz collection when it becomes available, and share the photo collection in your challenge posts (those of you who use Blogger, click here for a tutorial. Please excuse the minor details that are off...I used this for the Summer Fun challenge, too). The purpose of registration is so that I have a contact email to send you the HTML for each Inlinkz collection to add to your challenge posts; there will be an individual Inlinkz collection for each challenge day. Any photos added that link to a blog post without sharing the collection yourself will result in deletion.
- Non-bloggers - post your photo in the Inlinkz collection via a photo sharing website, such as Flickr or Photobucket. You are not required to share the Inlinkz collection as you have no where to put it =]!
- Share each challenge mani within a week from the launch based on the schedule above (again, if I post my challenge mani on a Monday, you'll have until the following Monday to share yours and so on for the rest of the challenge days).
- Participate in ALL of the challenge days, not just one or two! This is a challenge for a reason =P! Don't be intimidated, though! I've designed it to be quite flexible and easy to keep up with.
- Have fun =]!
Be sure to head over to Nail Polish Canada's website and sign up for their newsletter, they're going to feature some of their personal favorite manis in their newsletter, including the "most creative" winner at the end of the challenge! Also, be sure to check out their Facebook page for updates.
I think this could be the best challenge yet! I've always been a fan of classic movies, music, and media so I'm planning on going all out. If you have any questions, concerns, or you simply need a virtual hug, you can contact me at email@example.com.
Bloggers, don't forget to register, click the button on the right-hand sidebar *REGISTRATION CLOSED*! Now....who's excited ;D?
P.S. - Whew, that was a big post...if you spot any mistakes or need more clarity on something, please let me know =P!